Thread: LA to Napa

1. Default LA to Napa

Hi all,

I am 41 years old and just met my biological mom in April. She and her husband are coming to California to stay with me for a few days and then we are going to take a road trip from L.A. to Somona/Napa area. I only have four days for the trip - renting a car up and will fly back and they are leaving out of SF airport. I know we want to spend a couple of days in the Sonoma/Napa area but need suggestions on where to stop along the way - we will only be stopping for one night. I know it is not much time so want to know what should we not miss. They are coming from Canada! A special trip so would appreciate special advice! Thanks much!

Tucson, AZ

Default Only One Real Choice

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

With two days to get from L.A. to the Bay Area and some people to show a delightful time to, you really can't do better than to come up the Pacific Coast Highway. There's far more along there than you can pack into two days, but whatever you choose will be a lot of fun. Among the things you'll want to look into are the many California State Parks, the Old Spanish Missions, Hearst Castle, Carmel and Monterey, not to mention all the great pull-offs along the highway to just watch and enjoy the scenery and wildlife. A good place to spend the night along here would be in the San Luis Obispo - Morro Bay - Cambria area.

HRGal- any more specifics that this? Much to see between LA & Napa region- especially with 4 days at your disposal.

Did you want to play in the Sierra Nevada Mountains, or stay along the Pacific Coast? Or both?