mccreadie Guest

Default yosemite to las vagas

hi i am travlling from san francisco to las vegas via yosemite national park and tioga pass if its open should be there by october the 8th and then going to tonopah and down hwy 95 i will be in a 25 ft rv and am only going this way as it seems to be the shortist route could some let me know if this is right or should i go another way as i am from australia and am only going of a map.thanks brian

Default It is neither the shortest or the fastest route

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadie View Post
    hi i am travlling from san francisco to las vegas via yosemite national park and tioga pass if its open should be there by october the 8th and then going to tonopah and down hwy 95 i will be in a 25 ft rv
    Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum -- The route over Tioga Pass could be argued to be the most scenic, but it is neither the shortest nor the fastest route. As far as Tioga being still open on the 8th -- there is a good chance for that. For the last five years, the average closing date as been the 2nd week of November.

Mark

Default Could be Our #1 Route

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America Forums!

That route comes up quite regularly on these forums. Just a quick check using the site's search function yielded the following threads that cover the same questions you raise:

Thread 1
    Thread 2
    Thread 3
    Thread 4
    Thread 5
    Thread 6

Tioga Pass (CA-120) will most likely still be open, but you can check here for up-to-the-minute information once you're here.

Best of luck!

AZBuck

mccreadie Guest

thanks mark and azbuck for your reply i will be going to yosemite and tioga pass which way to you sugest to go to vegas once through yosemite accross and down hwy 95 or down the 395 cant go to death valley the rv rental company dosnt allow it dont know why on my map and on mapquest website hwy 95 seems shorter but cant find anything on this way.
    thanks brian

Default I really doubt that

Quote Originally Posted by mccreadie View Post
    or down the 395 cant go to death valley the rv rental company dosnt allow it
    I think someone must be playing with you. Hundreds of RV rental cars travel through Death Valley every day -- the entire route is paved, on very good roads, on state highways.

Mark

mccreadie Guest

hi mark have checked with el monte rv rentals its only in july and august you cant go though death valley so would this be a better way to go for a tourist trying to see as much as you can in a short period of time instead of going down hwy 95.

thanks brian