1. Default Road Trip Advice Miami to New York

I really wanna road trip from Miami to New York- no planned stops except for washington D.C and Charlotte, North Carolina. Anywhere we wanna stop we will. Can i please have some advice regaurding costs, suggested stops, how to eat. Im oin a budget here. Thanks : )

Washington state coast/Olympic Peninsula

Default Some budgeting ideas

I've never travelled that route before so I can't help you with that. I can, however, help you with eating and budgeting ideas. The biggest two expenses are usually food and lodging.

To keep your eating costs down, eat out of a cooler. Stock up from home to start out and then replenish at full-size grocery stores, not mini-marts. You can eat healthy for far cheaper than restaurant fare and usually healthier, too. Some quick and easy ideas: granola and/or protein bars, cheese, crackers, bagels and cream cheese, nuts, trail mix, fruit/berries, sliced deli meats, tuna fish (it's especially handy in those foil packets), condiments (I buy those little individual serving packets of mayonnaise so I don't have to worry about refrigeration), hard-boiled eggs (and you can usually buy more at the deli sections of large grocery stores), celery sticks and peanut butter, and baby carrots. I aways take a few inexpensive Gladware type containers if I want to mix something up, a good knife, a small backpackers-style cutting board, a can opener, a few utensils, and a teeny bottle with dishwashing soap, and paper towels. With this, you can mix up some things without cooking.

Of course, if you have a small stove, frying pan, and a pot, you can really expand your eating choices. I would much rather spend time outside enjoying the scenery than sitting in a restaurant. I've either made a nice meal for the above-mentioned items while sitting on a beach or next to a beautiful river or other scenic view or I've used my stove to make a nice, hot meal, and then throw in some exploring and a good walk in less time than it usually takes to sit in a crowded restaurant.

By doing this, I usually save eating out for special treats. Ya know, that place with the fantastic ribs, or a reknowned seafood place. Special stuff like that.

To save on lodging, I suggest camping. However, if this doesn't appeal to you, there are lots of inexpensive hotel options. Motel 6, Super 8, and Day's Inn are just a few of the more inexpensive options. But inexpensive is relative. The rates for these places are far higher in cities and major tourist areas than other areas. If you have any of these types of chains in your area, stock by their lobby and ask for a free guidebook, or stop at the first one you see once you're on the road. Or look them up on the web.

A membership in AAA will give you free maps and guidebooks, as well as discounts at motels, restaurants, attractions, etc. The cost of membership will easily pay for itself with just these items. And then they are there if you need help with car trouble....a bonus, imho.

Hope this helps a bit.

3. Default thanks!

thanks a lot that helps greatly!!!

The Great Midwest, Illinois to be precise

Default Take the Two Laners Some

I don't know how much time you have, but hopefully, you'll get off the interstate some.

In SC and NC, US-17 is a good coastal road. Stop at Myrtle Beach and right at the NC-SC border, you need to stop at Calabash for some of that great shrimp. Drive the Outer Banks in NC.