1. Default Need help with planning a roadtrip for next summer

Hi, My name is Tal, i'm an israeli student, 22 yrs old. I intend to go on a 3-4 months roadtrip next summer - coast to coast. I'm mostly intrested in small town Americana, not huge tourist attractions.
    can anyone recommend on a good book (or a website) which i can use to plan my trip? i'm looking for a pretty extensive book with details on all 50 states so i can decide on my final route.

Thanks in advance,

Tucson, AZ

Default Poke Around a Bit

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America forum.

We have reviewed a number of highway and cross country books as well as compiled an extensive list of websites that detail the smaller pleasures of America. Take some time to explore the nooks and crannies of RoadTrip America, and I think you'll have made a great start on finding out what's available to you as you travel through the US. Once you get a rough idea on how you plan to see our country, the many contributors to these boards can offer you further insights into their local areas.

Keithville, LA

Default State Packets

Once you have a better idea about what states you want to visit you can google the tourist bureau for those states. Often they will mail out information packets about the states including tourist destinations and activities. I don't know about mailing to Israel, but I'd think they would do so for the cost of shipping at the most.

And come back here and let us know what areas interest you. Someone always has good ideas.