Default Ambitious road trip

A friend and I are planning a crosscountry road trip for next summer. Ideally, we would like to go from Boston to Seattle (through Niagara Falls, Chicago, Minneapolis, Mt Rushmore, Yellow Stone) and back (from San Francisco to Boston, through Las Vegas, Grand Canyon and other national parks in the area, Santa Fe, Oklahoma City, Memphis, Nashville, Atlanta and Savannah). We think it is approx. 9000 miles. We would have 30 days to do it.
    Do you think it's really too much for such a short period a time? I mean, would it be too much driving?
    I have already been on a 3 week roadtrip around California, Nevada, Utah and Arizona (approx. 4000 miles) and found American roads easy to drive, but this trip would be on an even bigger scale. So, I'd be happy to have tips from people with a similar experience.
    Thank you.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Perhaps a bit much

Welcome to the RTA Forum!

I think the trip you've got planned is possible, but you might be too rushed to enjoy yourself.

I guess one of the biggest questions would be how long do you plan to stop at each of the places you have listed? If its more than a day or two, you could start running into problems. As it is, you'd have to average about 300 miles per day to cover the distance, which is very doable, only really needing about 5 hours a day for driving. But if you spent just one full day each of places you listed, you would have to double your driving to a very long 600 miles per day.

Think of it this way, you are more than doubling the distance from you last trip, but you are only giving yourself an extra week to do it.

This trip is possible, but ultimately, I think you'll find your trip to be more enjoyable if you scale it back a bit.