1. Default Best 'photo op road' for arriving in Las Vegas at night?

Heading to Las Vegas after spending day in Death Valley. Will be arriving in LV after sunset.

Read Mark's statement:

"After your meal at the winery, it is only about 59 miles to Las Vegas and the approach on NV State Route 160 is a particularily appealing way to "sneak-up" on Las Vegas at night.".

However, which approach to Vegas - 95 or 160 - gives the best view of all the bright lights appearing out of nowhere?

Would like to take some pictures of the neon if possible.

Green County, Wisconsin

Default Sneaking up on Sin City

Unfortuantly, I don't know of a great place to get your photo op, although, if my memory serves 160 is a pretty good down hill run as you approach LV.

However, if you are looking for the place where you will suddenly see the lights come out of nowhere, I think you will be disappointed. You can start to see the lights of Las Vegas in the sky long before you can see any buildings. On my first trip into Las Vegas on 160, I believe I could start seeing some of the lights -especially the Luxor's giant spotlight- 40 or more miles away from the city.

Las Vegas, Nevada

Default Drove it ten minutes ago

Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyT View Post
    However, which approach to Vegas - 95 or 160 - gives the best view of all the bright lights appearing out of nowhere?
    There are three approach shot locations. The best one is probably I-15 southbound near Apex. I just drove down NV-160 about ten minutes ago and the view once you past the sandstone cliffs (Redrock Preserve) is pretty dramatic -- but probably the most arresting is I-15 northbound just past the Sloan offramp -- the road crests a small ridge and then all of the valley is laid out in front of you.

4. Default

Cheers for the tips, chaps.
    I'm now almost ready with the RT agenda.