1. Default Marfa, TX to Beverly Hills, CA along with many stops

Hi,
    My father and I have been planning a road trip for a long time. Unfortunately he has reached the age of 82 and is having trouble getting around. I wanted to take him on a really nice road trip before he passes just so we can spend some quality time together. Here's our plan so far.

Marfa, Texas
    to
    El Paso, Texas
    to
    Santa Fe, New Mexico
    to
    Carefree, Arizona
    to
    Grand Canyon, Arizona
    to
    Las Vegas, Nevada
    to
    Beverly Hills, California

We have picked out hotels for all of these stops, we just needed things to stop and see along the road of these place. I know Beverly Hills sounds stupid for a road trip. It's just that there is this hotel that my father really enjoys there and he wanted to stay in it.

Any help appreciated...

Default Nothing Wrong with That!

Welcome to the RTA Forum! I don't know why on earth you'd think that Beverly Hills sounds like a stupid place for a roadtrip - for that matter I can't think of any place that is a stupid place for a roadtrip!

Can you give us a little help about what sort of things you'd like to see along the way?

I'm assuming you've picked these cities as stopping point for some specific reason, which may help us guide you along your way.

Default Beverly Hills: a traditional roadtrip destination!

Quote Originally Posted by Canvas
    My father and I have been planning a road trip for a long time. Unfortunately he has reached the age of 82 and is having trouble getting around.
    Well it is high time you got going then! Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum!
    Marfa, Texas to El Paso, Texas
    First, how often do you make it down to Terlingua? You might enjoy the dinner and entertainment at the Starlight Theater and maybe a soak at one of the local hotsprings in the area before making your way onward. Or save this byway for another shorter trip! Are you an experienced off-highway driver? If so, you might consider taking the scenic drive along Williams Ranch Road in the Guadalupe Natinonal Park -- it is only about 7.5 miles but the road is often impacted by wash-outs and rocky places. Much more user friendly is the Wyler Aerial Tramway that goes to the top of Ranger Peak and if it is clear when you are in El Paso -- the view extends out about 700 miles in all directions.
    Santa Fe, New Mexico to Carefree, Arizona
    On the way into Las Cruces, stop at the historic square at Mesilla -- cute stores and hasn't changed much since the 1880's. Santa Fe is a little bit of challenge to drive in (the old historic section) but quite scenic. Santa Fe to Carefree (Phoenix) is kind of a long drive and you won't have time for many stops -- what route were you planning on using?
    Grand Canyon, Arizona to Las Vegas, Nevada
    Hoover Dam, of course.
    to Beverly Hills, California
    Take the detour at Baker, California and visit the Mojave National Preserve visitor center at Kelso Depot -- very nice exhibits.

Happy Planning!

Mark