1. Default Across this great country! Los Angeles to Virginia

I'm so excited to be setting off on my first major road trip next week!! I'm very inspired by some of your stories here as I want to have the same types of experiences myself! I don't care about the heat or getting anywhere quickly, I am just curious to see what attractions you guys would recommend seeing on the way. Maybe something that you saw that left a lasting impression. I don't have a specific route I want to stick to I just want to see the country. I plan on doing the whole 2 lane road thing but I know interstate will come in to play a little as well. I plan on plotting the things I want to see and then figure out the best route from there. I would love to hear your suggestions!!

All my best,
    Cynthia

Default How long will this adventure be?

Quote Originally Posted by cyndrew
    I'm so excited to be setting off on my first major road trip next week!!
    Very cool! Welcome to the Great American RoadTrip Forum!
    Maybe something that you saw that left a lasting impression.
    After 1/2 million miles of roadtrips I have a few thousand memories that left "a lasting impression".
    I don't have a specific route I want to stick to I just want to see the country. I plan on doing the whole 2 lane road thing but I know interstate will come in to play a little as well.
    Cynthia, how long can you take for the epic adventure? A two-lane journey from LA to Virginia could take anywhere from six days to six years.
    I plan on plotting the things I want to see and then figure out the best route from there.
    That is an ideal way to do it, but a few more parameters on the kinds of things that interest you would make it easier for us. One idea: have hot tea on the promenade deck of the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park, Colorado and watch the sunset as the sun slides below the horizon of the continental divide.

Happy Planning!

Mark