1. Default Beantown to North Carolina

I am new here and found this to be a pretty cool site! I am planning a trip from Boston to North carolina for the 4th of July week. We are looking to explore the "Piedmont" section down to South visit Raleigh, chapel Hill, Charlotte for a possible relocation. We'd love to hear of any recomendations from "townies"!

Tucson, AZ

Default You're Not Alone

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America forum.

Thanks for the kudo! I haven't travelled enough through that section of the country to be giving advice on where you might want to live. But I can tell you that it is generally a wonderful area. My sister has recently decided to do much as you have and move from Lexington, MA to Davidson, NC - just north of Charlotte on Lake Norman. Best of luck.

3. Default The triangle is great!!

Hey glad to have you.. The Triangle region of North Carolina (Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill) is a great place to live. I moved down here from Philadelphia.

I don't know what you are into, but I do know Boston has a great music scene, so if you are into that sort of thing you are not taking a step down by moving to the area. Chapel Hill/Carrboro is an insane place when it comes to music and the arts. Check Out for all of the happenings here.

The whole area is just booming.. I moved down 5 years ago and already I can say "I remember when that was just a patch of woods"

Raleigh is growing, and Charlotte is a true City. so it depends on what you are looking for. Durham is undergoing an incredible transformation into a beautiful city centered around the American Tobacco Campus Project. They are turning all of the old Tobacco Warehouses into amazing shops and Dining, and it is all built around the Durham Bulls Athletic park.

If you have any questions about the area I would be more than happy to help you out. just PM or email me..