My girlfriend and I will be flying into Vegas and spending 2 days there before setting out to go to San Francisco via a few nice places.
We will be leaving Las Vegas on the morning of the 3rd of June and arriving in San Francisco on the afternoon of the 9th.
We want to go to somewhere in and arounds Death Valley for the first night, then drive to Yosemite and stay there for a couple of nights, and finally a couple of nights making our way to San Francisco maybe via Monterey/Santa Cruz.
We do have a few questions that we hope people on here might be able to answer for us:
1. On the first day to Death Valley, what is the best route to get there, where is best to stay and if we only have a day and a half, what is best to see?
2. On our way from Death Valley to Yosemite, is there anywhere we should stay for a night on the Death Valley side of Yosemite?
3. Should we stay 2 nights in the same place in Yosemite or best to stay second night on San Fran side?
4. When leaving Yosemite, where is best to go near the coast and what route do we take to get there?
5. During all of this, do we need to book accommodation an advance or should we just wing it (not sure if early June is peak)?
Would really appreciate your help with this as want it to be a trip to remember.