1. Default Rental Car Questions.

I am about to graduate from high school and i was going to take a senior trip with my friend. The plan was to fly to Las Vegas and rent a car. The problem is that rental companies don't rent to people under the age of 25. Does anyone know of a company that will rent a car to an 18 year old? If I can't find a rental company then I guess I will end up driving from Texas.
    - B.J.

RoadTripper Brad Guest

Default Stuck in Limbo

Quote Originally Posted by B.J.
    Does anyone know of a company that will rent a car to an 18 year old?
    Welcome to the Forum B.J.!

I don't know of any rental car companies that will rent to an 18 year old in the West, but you might check with Enterprise and Hertz, which recently rolled out an under 25 policy (but you'll get hit pretty hard on the charges).

Unfortunately 18-25 year olds are stuck in a legal limbo. They (we, I should say), are old enough to enter into legal binding contracts, but, due to fears if irresponsibility, companies choose to not offer their services to those younger than 25 (if they do they charge a much higher rate).

I'm in the same boat... I've wanted to fly home to Washington State and rent a car so I could get around. Just one of the joys of early adulthood I guess.

If they'll rent to you, let us know. I might be willing to take the hit on the cost next time around.

-Brad

Default Try an Independent

Renting a car in the 18-20 range can be tough. Once you are 21, you can usually find places to rent, but it will cost you.

While it is not a sure thing, searching around for a small local car rental spot will likely be your best bet. They will likely be at least a little more open with their policies than the major national chains, and might rent to a 18 year old.

Or if you are just staying in the city, you could try mass-transit. Vegas's bus system isn't the best in the world, but I've used it before and it worked out just fine.

Default CAT Rapid Transit can be slow

Quote Originally Posted by Midwest Michael
    Or if you are just staying in the city, you could try mass-transit. Vegas's bus system isn't the best in the world, but I've used it before and it worked out just fine.
    Here is one of the articles we have published about it.

Mark