Thread: Time needed

markbreen Guest

Default NYC to New Orleans to Arizona to Mexico

I wanna drive from NYC all the way down (I don't know whats in between) through arizona and then to the mexican border. How long would I need for that? I guess 3 weeks would be enough time but I really have no idea. I'm not restricted to time so any advice would be greatly appretiated thanks.

your going from nyc to california right? I'm doing something simular going in more or less a straight line but might wander of to other places. I thought 3 or 4 weeks should be enough what do you think?

I'd like to drive from NYC to New Orleans then through arizona to the mexican border. I don't know where we will be going between those places but wish to anything thats worth seeing really along the way. How many weeks should I have to do this trip comfortably? Is 3 weeks enough?
    Last edited by Mark Sedenquist; 03-23-2006 at 03:06 PM. Reason: Same Trip -- Merged together

Default Four Days

Quote Originally Posted by markbreen
    I wanna drive from NYC all the way down (I don't know whats in between) through arizona and then to the mexican border. How long would I need for that?
    This distance could be done in four days, but if you really want to see much (noting your other posts in the other topics) your time frame of 2-3 weeks is very reasonable.

Mark

Default Time is What We Measure With a Watch

Welcome aboard the RoadTrip America forum.

New York to Nogales, Mexico is just a shade over 2800 miles by way of the Grand Canyon. Experience has shown that on the real road, one can expect to average about 53 mph over the long haul once you include stops for gas and food as well as take into account traffic delays. So you could expect to devote about 53 hours to the drive. If you can put in a bit more than 10 hours each day, you could expect to make it in 5 days if you didn't stop anywhere to see anything. The drive back would take the same. So anything over 10 days to two weeks can be devoted to having fun along the way and three weeks should makes it a very enjoyable trip.

AZBuck

Default NYC to Southwest

{Editorial management Bump} (please scroll up for MarkBreen's post from earlier today -- thanks)