Thread: Maine

1. Default Maine

I posted on here about two weeks ago, and I would like to say thank you again to the many posters that took the time to give me so much help. I am very fortunate. One of my friends does not have a screenname at this website and he wanted me to ask whether or not you guys know of any nice beaches in Maine or New Hampshire (preferably Maine). He wants a place to vacation for a long weekend that is nice but not crowded at all. His words: "I want to sleep on the beach without being disturbed." Any ideas on where this may be?

Québec, Montreal, Arizona, California, France

Default ... & don't let the beach bugs bite!

Bozzer112,

"I want to sleep on the beach without being disturbed." Any ideas on where this may be?
    I think the Bay View Villa in Saco, ME (207-286-8762) would offer the kind of peace you friend is looking for. It is a convent that rents crystal clean rooms for about 45$ and the beach is pretty much deserted year round. This beautiful property is conveniently located on the waterfront between Old Orchard and Biddeford in a very quiet neighborhood. Some nuns can be a little intrusive from time to time but they are so friendly and sweet that we all fall under their spell eventually:-) A few miles south, in a small fishermen hammoc, Camp Ellis, tell your friend to look for the Wormwood's Restaurant. Despite its humble exterior, the food is very tasty, especially their seafood (shrimp scampi = yummy!).

Here's a road trip report of a Maine trip I took last year and a post by AZBuck a Maine native giving suggestions of other places to go.

Gen