• Mark Twain Boyhood Home and Museum - Hannibal, Missouri

Roadtrip Attraction
      Hannibal, Missouri is the home of Samuel Clemens (Mark Twain). Though fictionalized as St. Petersburg, this little city on the Mississippi features many sites that will be familiar to readers of his novels.

If you go:
      The tour of the Twain attractions begins at the Interpretive Center, and takes one to two hours. Note that as of this writing, some of the buildings are being renovated, and the Becky Thatcher House is closed until this work is completed.The cave that figures prominently in 'Tom Sawyer' is about a mile out of town, and very much worth touring.

415 N. Main Street
      Hannibal, Missouri 63401 USA

Phone Numbers:

Museum and visitor information
      +1 (573) 221-9010

Comments 3 Comments
        DonnaR57 -
        How appropriate - planning to take my younger daughter, her husband, and my niece there after the funeral stuff is all over! I haven't found a MT Cave article yet....

Dennis Goza -
        I also recommend touring the other cave on the same property that requires carrying a lantern, as there are no lights in it. Both caves are really fun.
        DonnaR57 -
        I've done the MT Cave when I was a child, and the Tom Sawyer-Becky Thatcher-Mark Twain Boyhood Home thing about 8 or 10 years ago. We also did a few hour River Cruise, with my MIL, the last time we did the TS-BT-MT homes and museums. If the A/C on the cruise boat worked, that would have been more fun!

My younger daughter also is talking about the Arch and Grant's Farm in St Louis. We did those a few years back, but her hubby has never been to Missouri and she wants to show him all of this stuff.

Donna (in Columbia at the moment)