• Grand Falls - Joplin, Missouri

Roadtrip Attraction
      Grand Falls, which reaches a height of up to 25 feet, is not Missouri's highest waterfall, but it is the state's only continuously flowing waterfall, and certainly one of the most beautiful. In addition to scenic grandeur, the area below the falls offers excellent opportunities for swimming and tubing.

Photo by Michele Maki

If you go:
      The parking lot should only be used for high-clearance vehicles. There's a significant drop-off and lower clearance vehicles may get stuck.

5601 Riverside Drive
      Joplin, Missouri 64804 USA

Phone Numbers:

+1 (800) 657-2534

Comments 4 Comments
        Mark Sedenquist -
        Thanks to Michele Maki for the use of her photo of this waterfall.
        Mark Sedenquist -
        I would imagine that now would be a great time to catch great photos with the higher water levels? Anyone out there?
        glc -
        Mark, I went out there today just for you!

It's about 90 degrees here today with 45% humidity, and there were quite a few people swimming below the falls trying to cool off! I should have worn my bathing suit!

If anyone wants easy directions, get off I-44 at Exit 4 and go north. Turn right JUST past Love's and take that road down to the stop sign at the end. Turn left and go exactly 1 mile, park on the right shoulder. When leaving, either turn around or continue straight - that will take you to MO-86 at the bridge over Shoal Creek in Redings Mill. A left turn will take you back to I-44.
        Mark Sedenquist -

I didn't see your comment until today. Great photos and even better directions!