• Venice Beach Suites and Hotel - Venice, California

venice beach hotel
      Photo by Megan Edwards
      This hotel is located in the middle of Venice Beach right on the world-famous Ocean Front Walk. It is a family-run establishment in a four-story building that was originally constructed of brick in 1912 and opened as "The Potter Hotel." The rooms are spacious, comfortable and well-appointed. I stayed in one of the ocean view suites on the fourth floor and the views of the ocean, beach and boardwalk were endlessly fascinated and relaxing. What is especially enjoyable about this hotel is that guests can retire to one of the balconies on the front of the building or the lovely roof-top deck beyond the reach of the ebb and flow of the busy board walk. There is no parking at the hotel, but the owners are very accommodating and can secure parking for guests at a lot less than a five minute walk from the property. Matt Moore is the day manager and an excellent source for local attractions and beach history lore. The elevator is a tad antique and seems to object to hauling heavy luggage - but still worth a trip or two - if you dare.

If you go:
      The original muscle beach and hand-ball courts are just down the street. The skateboard park is one of the best I've ever seen and there are ample areas to watch expert boarders attempting new tricks and moves. The beach is cleaned regularly and the board walk is well policed. There are some truly fabulous bars and restaurants within easy walking distance of the hotel. For some really creative dishes check out Larry's on Speedway and the Venice Ale House on the board walk. There is a web cam mounted on the roof of the hotel which provides live views of the beach, the skateboard park and the boardwalk.

1305 Ocean Front Walk
      Venice, California 90291 USA

Phone Numbers:

+1 (888) 877-7602

+1 (310) 396-4559

Comments 3 Comments
        Southwest Dave -
        Yes, a very nice place to stay and not forgetting the fine cocktails to be enjoyed at Larry's bar !
        Subman -
        Me and my friend stayed at this hotel in May for one night. Yes, it's pretty awesome, especially if you get one of the higher floor suites (with sofabed in the lounge, kitchenette and separate bedroom), and it's not too pricey either (we booked at the last minute). Note that if you break the (beautiful) antique elevator with cramming too much luggage in, they will charge you the maintenance costs... Venice Beach has a nice hipster feel and we found it to be perfectly safe, even at night. Would definately stay again. The sunset over the Pacific was glorious.
        Subman -
        And Santa Monica is just a nice stroll down the beach away.