is my first time here, this place is great! I, like
many of the other people that I have read posts
from on this site am struck with something very
powerful, wanderlust. I am a college student
and for this year's spring break I've tossed many
options around. I have considered everything from
skiing in Killington, VT to camping outside of Pensacola,
FL. And I've finally came to the conclusion that
it was time to take a road trip
-- A.B., Morgantown, WV
Today, RoadTrip America is the joint effort of editors, book reviewers, contributing writers, forum moderators, information technologists, Web designers, photographers, and hundreds of knowledgeable road trippers who generously share their discoveries, concerns, and dreams about roadtripping in North America. Members of the Great American RoadTrip Enthusiast community provide advice and road trip planning tips cost-free to any registered member.
spending a while reading and soaking up information
from this forum I've finally embarked on my first
cross country road trip! I am traveling alone in
my classic 1968 Chevy, the ultimate highway cruiser.
So the first day I left my home on Long Island and
I am headed to Yellowstone, although I plan to drive
a part of Route 66, so I'll be meandering my way
across the country.
-- D.B., Long Island, NY
We invite you to browse everything on RTA -- an amazing lineup of articles, book and product reviews, tips, and more -- like the Web's largest (and still growing) collection of funny road signs. RTA correspondents can provide road trip planning tips for solo travelers, disabled travelers, international visitors and families traveling by car, motorcycle, bicycle or RV. We are also in the process of developing a comprehensive library of road trip routes. By end of 2010, over 200 routes will be online, complete with interactive maps and plenty of up-to-the-minute tips about travel conditions, sights, and attractions. We are constantly sifting through reams of travel planning data to deliver timely and accurate information when you need and want it. For example, here's a list of key roadside rests and attractions found along the major interstate highways of America.
had so much help from this site I wanted to post
a report of our trip and encourage others that with
some planning you can have the trip of a lifetime.
I started planning our trip a year in advance, my
husband and I are both over 65, retired and I wasn't
really convinced we could do this, until I found
this Web site.
-- J.R. Gatwick UK
RTA is also a great source for the best road trip gear, maps, and accessories. RoadTrip America sells the best products, and every single item in our store has been vetted by a member of the RTA roadtripping community for quality, utility, and price. If you're making travel plans, RTA offers great hotel, rental car, and vacation package rates in association with Priceline.com.
See you on the road and online!
The RoadTrip America Team
A. Proprietary Rights to Content: Users, viewers and/or readers of the RoadTrip America® Web site acknowledge that all content displayed, posted and/or transmitted from the website, including but not limited to music, sound, video, graphics, data, text, multimedia, HTML, XML, and other materials collectively known as "content" may be protected by copyrights, trademarks, service marks, patents or other proprietary rights and laws. Users, viewers, and/or readers may use the content only as expressly authorized by RoadTrip America. Users, viewers, and/or readers may not copy, store, reproduce, distribute, display, publish or create derivative works from the content without express authorization from RoadTrip America.
B. Trademarks: RoadTrip America, RoadTrip Report, RoadTrip2000, Phoenix One, Earth Rover, RTA logo and all other RoadTrip America products and logos referenced herein and displayed on our Web site are trademarks, service marks or registered trademarks and registered service marks of Flattop Productions, Inc., d.b.a. RoadTrip America. Those service marks, along with those owned by third parties may not be copied, downloaded or otherwise exploited without the express permission of RoadTrip America or such third party service mark owners. Any rights not expressly granted herein are reserved.
C. Copyright Protection: RoadTrip America respects copyright law and expects all of our readers/viewers to do the same. The Internet industry depends upon copyright law to enable content providers to get fairly compensated for their content. Unauthorized copying or distribution of content is an infringement of the copyright holder's rights. RoadTrip America may elect to prosecute anyone who infringes upon the copyright, or other intellectual property rights, of RoadTrip America or any of the third parties affiliated with this website.
COPYRIGHT NOTICE. Copyright © 1996-2012 Flattop Productions, Inc. d/b/a RoadTrip America, 8275 S. Eastern Ave., Suite 200, Las Vegas, Nevada, U.S.A., All rights reserved.
D. Use of Photographs on this website: Unless a photo credit is expressly provided and/or is attached to any photograph or image found on this website, it is deemed to be the property of RoadTrip America for the exclusive use by RoadTrip America and subject to all forms of copyright protection. On occasion, RoadTrip America accepts submissions from readers/viewers of certain photographic images that are to be published in the "Funny Road Signs" or other departments within the RoadTrip America website. RoadTrip America will only accept and publish photographic images from persons who are legally authorized to grant us permission to use the images. The following information must be supplied upon submission:
1. What is the name of the Photographer?
2. Is the submitting person the photographer and/or do we have permission to use the photos on www.roadtripamerica.com?
3. Where and when was the photo taken? (Please be as specific as possible with respect to the date and location of the photo.)
4. Do we have permission to use your name, (if different from the photographer) and home city?
5. What is the photographer's home city/town/location?
6. Do we have permission to extend to other publications/Websites the right to republish the images at a future date?
Has your photograph been published previously on
another web site?
E. RTA Map Center Terms of Service: These Terms of Service (“Terms”) govern your access to and use of the services and RoadTrip America’s websites (the “Services”), and any information, text, graphics, or other materials uploaded, downloaded or appearing on the Services (collectively referred to as “Content”). Your access to and use of the Services is conditioned on your acceptance of and compliance with these Terms. By accessing or using the Services you agree to be bound by these Terms.
You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any content you post to the Services, and for any consequences thereof. The Content you submit, post, or display on your personal maps is intended to be private. To that end, we utilize some encryption so that anything you post in your private maps will remain private while under the auspices of the RoadTripAmerica.com Web site. But if you elect to share your Content with friends and family, using the “Share This” feature, it is possible that your Content might become viewable by other users of the Services and through third party services and websites. You should only provide Content that you are comfortable sharing with others under these Terms. Further, if you identify some saved Maps to be “Suggested” to the official RTA Library, your Content will become viewable by other users of the Services and through third party services and websites.
You may use the Services only if you can form a binding contract with RoadTrip America.com and are not a person barred from receiving services under the laws of the United States or other applicable jurisdiction. You may use the Services only in compliance with these Terms and all applicable local, state, national, and international laws, rules and regulations.
The Services that RoadTripAmerica.com provides are always evolving and the form and nature of the Services that RoadTripAmerica.com provides may change from time to time without prior notice to you. In addition, RoadTripAmerica.com may stop (permanently or temporarily) providing the Services (or any features within the Services) to you or to users generally and may not be able to provide you with prior notice. We also retain the right to create limits on use and storage at our sole discretion at any time without prior notice to you.
You may use the RTA Map Wizard program without any form of registration, however, if you should want to save any of the maps generated by the RTA Map Wizard, you will need to register and open a membership account with RoadTripAmerica.com. There is no fee of any kind associated with these user membership accounts.
If you want to save any of the routes, custom places, maps or other elements of the RTA Map Center Services, you will need to register and open a membership account with RoadTripAmerica.com. There is no fee of any kind associated with these user membership accounts.
The Services may include advertisements, which may be targeted to the Content or information on the Services, queries made through the Services, or other information. The types and extent of advertising by RoadTripAmerica.com on the Services are subject to change. In consideration for RoadTripAmerica.com granting you access to and use of the Services, you agree that RoadTripAmerica.com and its third party providers and partners may place such advertising on the Services or in connection with the display of Content or information from the Services whether submitted by you or others.
RoadTripAmerica.com only shares personal information with other companies or individuals outside of RoadTripAmerica.com in the following limited circumstances:
- We have your consent. We require opt-in consent for the sharing of any sensitive personal information.
- We have a good faith belief that access, use, preservation or disclosure of such information is reasonably necessary to (a) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or enforceable governmental request, (b) enforce applicable Terms of Service, including investigation of potential violations thereof, (c) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, or (d) protect against harm to the rights, property or safety of Google, its users or the public as required or permitted by law.
You are responsible for safeguarding the password that you use to access the Services and for any activities or actions under your password. We encourage you to use “strong” passwords (passwords that use a combination of upper and lower case letters, numbers and symbols) with your account. RoadTripAmerica.com cannot and will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from your failure to comply with the above requirements.
Content on the Services
All Content, whether publicly posted or privately transmitted, is the sole responsibility of the person who originated such Content. We may not monitor or control the Content posted via the Services and, we cannot take responsibility for such Content. Any use or reliance on any Content or materials posted via the Services or obtained by you through the Services is at your own risk.
Specifically, you agree that the use of the Content shall be for informational purposes only and that RoadTripAmerica.com does not support, represent or guarantee the completeness, truthfulness, accuracy, or reliability of any Content or communications posted via the Services or endorse any opinions expressed via the Services. You understand that by using the Services, you may be exposed to Content that might be offensive, harmful, inaccurate or otherwise inappropriate, or in some cases, postings that have been mislabeled or are otherwise deceptive. Under no circumstances will RoadTripAmerica.com be liable in any way for any Content, including, but not limited to, any errors or omissions in any Content, or any loss or damage of any kind incurred as a result of the use of any Content posted, emailed, transmitted or otherwise made available via the Services or broadcast elsewhere.
Your Rights to Your Content
You retain your rights to any Content you submit, post or display on or through the Services. By submitting, posting or displaying Content on or through the Services, you grant RoadTripAmerica.com a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free license (with the right to sublicense) to use, copy, reproduce, process, adapt, modify, publish, transmit, display and distribute such Content in any and all media or distribution methods (now known or later developed).
You agree that this license includes the right for RoadTripAmerica.com to make such Content available to other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with RoadTripAmerica.com for the syndication, broadcast, distribution or publication of such Content on other media and services, subject to our terms and conditions for such Content use.
Such additional uses by RoadTripAmerica.com, or other companies, organizations or individuals who partner with RoadTripAmerica.com, may be made with no compensation paid to you with respect to the Content that you submit, post, transmit or otherwise make available through the Services.
We may modify or adapt your Content in order to transmit, display or distribute it over computer networks and in various media and/or make changes to your Content as are necessary to conform and adapt that Content to any requirements or limitations of any networks, devices, services or media.
You are responsible for your use of the Services, for any Content you provide, and for any consequences thereof, including the use of your Content by other users and our third party partners. You understand that your Content may be rebroadcasted by our partners and if you do not have the right to submit Content for such use, it may subject you to liability.
RoadTripAmerica.com will not be responsible or liable for any use of your Content by RoadTripAmerica.com in accordance with these Terms. You represent and warrant that you have all the rights, power and authority necessary to grant the rights granted herein to any Content that you submit.
RoadTripAmerica.com gives you a personal, worldwide, royalty-free, non-assignable and non-exclusive license to use the software that is provided to you by RoadTripAmerica.com as part of the Services. This license is for the sole purpose of enabling you to use and enjoy the benefit of the Services as provided by RoadTripAmerica.com, in the manner permitted by these Terms.
All right, title, and interest in and to the Services (excluding Content provided by users) are and will remain the exclusive property of RoadTripAmerica.com and its licensors. The Services are protected by copyright, trademark, and other laws of both the United States and foreign countries. Nothing in the Terms gives you a right to use the RoadTripAmerica.com name or any of the RoadTripAmerica.com trademarks, logos, domain names, and other distinctive brand features. Any feedback, comments, or suggestions you may provide regarding RoadTripAmerica.com, or the Services is entirely voluntary and we will be free to use such feedback, comments or suggestions as we see fit and without any obligation to you.
Restrictions on Content and Use of the Services
We reserve the right at all times (but will not have an obligation) to remove or refuse to distribute any Content on the Services and to terminate users or reclaim usernames. Please review the RoadTripAmerica.com Rules (which are part of these Terms) to better understand what is prohibited on the Service. We also reserve the right to access, read, preserve, and disclose any information as we reasonably believe is necessary to (i) satisfy any applicable law, regulation, legal process or governmental request, (ii) enforce the Terms, including investigation of potential violations hereof, (iii) detect, prevent, or otherwise address fraud, security or technical issues, (iv) respond to user support requests, or (v) protect the rights, property or safety of RoadTripAmerica.com, its users and the public.
RoadTripAmerica.com respects the intellectual property rights of others and expects users of the Services to do the same. We will respond to notices of alleged copyright infringement that comply with applicable law and are properly provided to us. If you believe that your Content has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please provide us with the following information: (i) a physical or electronic signature of the copyright owner or a person authorized to act on their behalf; (ii) identification of the copyrighted work claimed to have been infringed; (iii) identification of the material that is claimed to be infringing or to be the subject of infringing activity and that is to be removed or access to which is to be disabled, and information reasonably sufficient to permit us to locate the material; (iv) your contact information, including your address, telephone number, and an email address; (v) a statement by you that you have a good faith belief that use of the material in the manner complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law; and (vi) a statement that the information in the notification is accurate, and, under penalty of perjury, that you are authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner.
We reserve the right to remove Content alleged to be infringing without prior notice and at our sole discretion. In appropriate circumstances, RoadTripAmerica.com will also terminate a user’s account if the user is determined to be a repeat infringer. Our designated copyright agent for notice of alleged copyright infringement appearing on the Services is:
Attn: Mark Sedenquist
Flattop Productions, Inc./RoadTripAmerica.com
8275 S. Eastern Avenue, Suite 200
Las Vegas, NV 89123
The Services are Available “AS-IS”
Your access to and use of the Services or any Content is at your own risk. You understand and agree that the Services is provided to you on an “AS IS” and “AS AVAILABLE” basis. Without limiting the foregoing, ROADTRIPAMERICA.COM AND ITS PARTNERS DISCLAIM ANY WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. We make no warranty and disclaim all responsibility and liability for the completeness, accuracy, availability, timeliness, security or reliability of the Services or any content thereon. RoadTripAmerica.com will not be responsible or liable for any harm to your computer system, loss of data, or other harm that results from your access to or use of the Services, or any Content. You also agree that RoadTripAmerica.com has no responsibility or liability for the deletion of, or the failure to store or to transmit, any Content and other communications maintained by the Services. We make no warranty that the Services will meet your requirements or be available on an uninterrupted, secure, or error-free basis. No advice or information, whether oral or written, obtained from RoadTripAmerica.com or through the Services, will create any warranty not expressly made herein.
The Services may contain links to third-party websites or resources. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible or liable for: (i) the availability or accuracy of such websites or resources; or (ii) the content, products, or services on or available from such websites or resources. Links to such websites or resources do not imply any endorsement by RoadTripAmerica.com of such websites or resources or the content, products, or services available from such websites or resources. You acknowledge sole responsibility for and assume all risk arising from your use of any such websites or resources.
Limitation of Liability
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, FLATTOP PRODUCTIONS, INC. D/B/A/ROADTRIPAMERICA.COM AND ITS SUBSIDIARIES, AFFILIATES, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, PARTNERS AND LICENSORS WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF PROFITS, DATA, USE, GOOD-WILL, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES, RESULTING FROM (i) YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OR INABILITY TO ACCESS OR USE THE SERVICES; (ii) ANY CONDUCT OR CONTENT OF ANY THIRD PARTY ON THE SERVICES, INCLUDING WITHOUT LIMITATION, ANY DEFAMATORY, OFFENSIVE OR ILLEGAL CONDUCT OF OTHER USERS OR THIRD PARTIES; (iii) ANY CONTENT OBTAINED FROM THE SERVICES; AND (iv) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS, USE OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR CONTENT, WHETHER BASED ON WARRANTY, CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE) OR ANY OTHER LEGAL THEORY, WHETHER OR NOT ROADTRIPAMERICA.COM HAS BEEN INFORMED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGE, AND EVEN IF A REMEDY SET FORTH HEREIN IS FOUND TO HAVE FAILED OF ITS ESSENTIAL PURPOSE.
Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of certain warranties or the exclusion or limitation of liability for consequential or incidental damages, so the limitations above may not apply to you.
Waiver and Severability
The failure of RoadTripAmerica.com to enforce any right or provision of these Terms will not be deemed a waiver of such right or provision. In the event that any provision of these Terms is held to be invalid or unenforceable, the remaining provisions of these Terms will remain in full force and effect.
Controlling Law and Jurisdiction
These Terms and any action related thereto will be governed by the laws of the State of Nevada without regard to or application of its conflict of law provisions or your state or country of residence. All claims, legal proceedings or litigation arising in connection with the Services will be brought solely in Clark County, Nevada and you consent to the jurisdiction of and venue in such courts and waive any objection as to inconvenient forum. If you are accepting these Terms on behalf of a United States federal government entity that is legally unable to accept the controlling law, jurisdiction or venue clauses above, then those clauses do not apply to you but instead these Terms and any action related thereto will be will be governed by the laws of the United States of America (without reference to conflict of laws) and, in the absence of federal law and to the extent permitted under federal law, the laws of the State of Nevada (excluding choice of law).
We may revise these Terms from time to time, the most current version will always be on this page. If the revision, in our sole discretion, is material we will notify you via e-mail to the email associated with your account. By continuing to access or use the Services after those revisions become effective, you agree to be bound by the revised Terms.
F. Privacy Notice: Your privacy is very important to us. Please review the privacy practices employed by RoadTrip America as explained below.
Questions regarding the policy statement should be directed to the RoadTrip America Web site administrator for clarification at firstname.lastname@example.org.
RoadTrip America believes that meeting your expectations of privacy during your visits to this Web site, is of the highest priority and is critical to the continued success of RoadTrip America and to the over-all health and vitality of the Internet.
Flattop Productions, Inc./RoadTrip America
8275 S. Eastern Avenue, Suite 200
Las Vegas, NV 89123
A. Information Collected:
1. In general, you can join us "on the road and online" without telling us who you are and without revealing any personal information about yourself.
2. We collect anonymous information from your visits to RoadTrip America by using the IP addresses from the Log files. We keep track of domain names but not the e-mail address, of anyone who visits our Web site. We use the page sharing services of both "Share This" and the RSS feed sharing by e-mail provided by "Feed Burner" and so we can view the e-mail address of both the viewer and sender of the form. These e-mail addresses are not used for any purpose except to complete the sending of the forms as requested by the site visitors.
3. We also collect data on some of the pages that you may visit and the information that you may submit when you use the e-mail newsletter registration form, which we call the "Guest Submission" page. We may also collect data about what you pages you looked at and/or access and how long you spent on the RoadTrip America Web site.
4. We may collect demographic information from the answers that you post on the registration form for the periodic RoadTrip America e-newsletter. In particular, we are interested by what sources you used when you linked to the RoadTrip America Web site the first time and whether or not you share our interest in wireless gear and services. We also solicit ideas for trip destinations or places you would like to visit along with RoadTrip America. This information is gathered for the sole reason of improving the delivery of content to you and fellow users of this Web site.
5. We may collect personally identifiable information from you if you elect to purchase a product or enter one of our contests or inquire about employment opportunities with RoadTrip America.
6. The information we collect is used for internal review and use by the editors of RoadTrip America. Unless otherwise stated, all information collected is used solely to improve the content of the Web site and services.
B. Sharing of Information:
1. We share aggregate information with advertisers regarding the demographics of our visitors. This is not linked to any personal information that can identify any individual person.
2. If you voluntarily provide personally identifiable information for the purpose of making a purchase or entering a contest, we will forward that specific information to the third parties for credit card/check processing and order fulfillment. While RoadTrip America will seek to require that any such third parties will follow the appropriate privacy policies and will not authorize them to use any part of this information except for the express purpose for which it was provided, RoadTrip America does not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of any third parties.
3. We may partner with another party to provide specific services. If you were to sign up for these special services, we will share the names and other contact information as is necessary for the third party to provide these services. Such a service could include an online personalized mapping services or a shopping service for wireless equipment. Two such services are the sharing page services referenced in paragraph A-2 and you should consult each of their privacy statements for further information about how personal information is saved on their servers.
4. We may disclose personal identifiable information when required by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary in order to conform to the requirements of the law or to comply with legal process served on RoadTrip America.
5. In some circumstances, usually as a result of publishing an article on RoadTrip America's Web site, we are contacted by individuals seeking personal identifiable information about a subject of the published article. We will only disclose this information to these specific third parties if we have received explicit permission from the subject of the query granting the release of this information.
C. Links and Forums:
2. There is, at present, one forum on the RoadTrip America Web site where readers can post comments and ideas. It is known as "The Great American RoadTrip Forum." You should be aware that when you voluntarily disclose personally identifiable information, (e.g., first and last name, address, e-mail address, etc) on the forums, that information can be collected and used by others and may result in unsolicited messages from other posters or parties. If you do receive an unsolicited and UNWANTED message from anyone, please contact us as soon as possible and we will endeavor to end that person's use of the RoadTrip America's forums. In some instances, we may post the content of your e-mail messages sent to one of the principals of RoadTrip America under the appropriate forum. Further, we reserve the right to edit all postings for clarity or application on the forums.
3. We use e-mail links within the RoadTrip America Web site to allow you to contact us directly via e-mail. We use the information provided in your e-mail to respond to your questions and comments. We may also store your comments for future reference. Your personal information is only shared with third parties with your explicit permission, with the exception of information that is posted on the forums (paragraph C.2.) referenced above.
D. On-line Advertising:
1. RoadTrip America uses certain third party companies to deliver some banner advertisements and other on-line communication. These companies may collect and use information about the customers who clicked or viewed these banners. The information they collect is aggregated so as to protect the privacy of our readers, but RoadTrip America does not bear any responsibility for any actions or policies of any third parties.
2. One of the online advertisers is Google.com, and Google.com as a third party vendor uses the DoubleClick DART cookie. A DART cookie is used to observe and track how a user views this site and other sites on the Internet. More information about the DART cookie system, including how to opt-out of this system can be viewed here. Additional information about how Google.com uses this information may be found here.
3. We use third-party advertising companies to serve you ads when you visit our Web sites. As described above, these companies may use aggregated information (not including your name, address, e-mail address or telephone number) about your visit to this and othe Web sites in order to provide advertisements about goods and services to interest to you. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here.
4. As discussed above, these third-party advertising companies use cookie or a third party web beacon to collect this information. If you would like more information about this practice and to know your choices about not having this information used by these companies, click here. This is a link to the Network Advertising Initiative (NAI) universal user opt-out form.
Opting out of a network does not mean you will no longer receive online advertising, but it does mean that the network from which you've opted out will no longer deliver ads tailored to your Web preferences and usage patterns.
E. Travel Reservations and Booking Services
1. In association with Priceline.com, Booking.com and Priceline Partner Network Limited, Flattop Productions, Inc. d/b/a/ RoadTrip America provides a travel and online accommodation reservation booking service to users of this web site. Users of this web site can make reservations for travel services including lodging, car rental and other related travel services.
2. If you would like to book your reservations by telephone or contact customer service, please use the following numbers:
Custom Service: 1-877-477-7441
Phone Bookings: 1-866-676-7080. Please mention Promo Code: HBC4051
E-mail: Every page of the RoadTrip America Travel and Reservation department has an e-mail contact form that you can use to reach customer service.
F. Cookies and other tracking technologies:
1. RoadTrip America may use persistent "cookies" to store and track information on our Web site, enabling us to provide our visitors with customizable and personalized services. Such a service may include remembering preferences that you voluntarily set so we can supply the latest information about cutting edge wireless communication products and services. Cookies are small bits of data that we send to the browser on your computer from our Web server.
2. RoadTrip America supports the efforts of the Platform for Privacy Preferences Project (P3P) and may incorporate some of the tracking protocol at a future date. But we feel strongly that you have the absolute authority to control any of your personal information that is gathered on this Web site. The Web site administrator will endeavor to stay current with the technological changes associated with privacy issues to ensure that your rights to privacy while visiting this Web site are protected.
1. At present, RoadTrip America does not support an internal commerce Web site, (for the purchase of RTA products through the use of credit cards or electronic cash). All such purchases are conducted through third parties, and SSL encryption is used when you are prompted to enter sensitive information, (such as credit card number and/or social security number).
2. While secure encryption technology is used to protect sensitive information on-line, we also protect all user information that is stored offline. Only one person, the Web site administrator, has access to the distribution list and database that we use to send the e-newsletters, and this person also has direct responsibility for the operation of the online forums described in paragraph C.2.
3. The RoadTrip America Web server is located in a locked cage in a secure facility. No unauthorized person has access of any kind to any of the RoadTrip America online files.
1. In association with Vertical Response, Inc. and FeedBurner, Inc., RoadTrip America employs a "double opt-in" registration procedure for its e-mail newsletters. Upon submission of the registration form, a reader will receive a confirmation e-mail message containing a confirmation link. Clicking on the link confirms the registration, and the reader is "double opted-in."
2. If you have registered to receive e-mail communications from us and later change your mind, you may contact us to have your name and e-mail address removed from the distribution lists. Should you wish to remove your name and e-mail, please send an e-mail requesting removal of this information to email@example.com.
3. We also give you the option to remove your name and e-mail address upon receipt of every e-newsletter that we send to you.
I. Use of RoadTrip America by children:
1. While this Web site is not directed at children, it is our intention that the content produced and published on RoadTrip America be useful, entertaining and of reasonable acceptance for all ages of children and adults.
2. We are supportive and committed to comply with all applicable laws and requirements in this regard.
J. Notification of Changes:
1. This privacy statement was last updated on June 23, 2011. A notice will be posted on the RoadTrip America home page for thirty (30) days whenever this privacy statement is changed.